Thursday 17 July 2008

Triple 8 Reading Challenge

Here is another of the old posts....

Triple 8 Challenge

This is a reading challenge and I think it looks really interesting. I've always been a voracious reader and usually I tend to read whatever takes my fancy at that particular moment. This challenge could inspire me to try other genres or authors that I wouldn't normally read so I think I'm going to give it a go!
I need to do a lot of thinking about which 64 books I'm going to choose (if I'm committing myself so publically to reading something I want to be sure it's something I'll enjoy!) but here are my categories....

  1. Crafts (hey, I might as well feed my craft book addiction at the same time!)
  2. Books I really should have read by the age of 29 (this would be all the classics etc that always appear on top 100 lists)
  3. Childrens / young adult
  4. Historical fiction
  5. Fantasy
  6. 8 authors I've not read before
  7. Non-fiction - I love non-fiction books!
  8. Ordinary fiction books! Bit of a cop out I know, but I still want to be able to read the type of books that I've always enjoyed!

I have already started on this challenge and these are the books I have read so far for each category:

Crafts

  1. Lotta Jansdotter - Simple Sewing
  2. Diana Rupp - Sew Everything Workshop (love this book!)
  3. Jan Eaton - 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets and Afghans
  4. Jane Brocket - The Gentle Art of Domesticity (this have turner into one of my very favourite books!)

Books I really should have read by the age of 29....

Children's / young adult

Historical Fiction

Fantasy

8 authors I haven't read before

Non-fiction

  1. Melvyn Bragg - The Adventure of English

Fiction


And that's as far as I've got. As you can see, I need to get myself into gear! Any ideas for books would be greatly appreciated!

No comments: