Triple 8 Challenge
This is a reading challenge and I think it looks really interesting. I've always been a voracious reader and usually I tend to read whatever takes my fancy at that particular moment. This challenge could inspire me to try other genres or authors that I wouldn't normally read so I think I'm going to give it a go!
I need to do a lot of thinking about which 64 books I'm going to choose (if I'm committing myself so publically to reading something I want to be sure it's something I'll enjoy!) but here are my categories....
- Crafts (hey, I might as well feed my craft book addiction at the same time!)
- Books I really should have read by the age of 29 (this would be all the classics etc that always appear on top 100 lists)
- Childrens / young adult
- Historical fiction
- 8 authors I've not read before
- Non-fiction - I love non-fiction books!
- Ordinary fiction books! Bit of a cop out I know, but I still want to be able to read the type of books that I've always enjoyed!
I have already started on this challenge and these are the books I have read so far for each category:
- Lotta Jansdotter - Simple Sewing
- Diana Rupp - Sew Everything Workshop (love this book!)
- Jan Eaton - 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets and Afghans
- Jane Brocket - The Gentle Art of Domesticity (this have turner into one of my very favourite books!)
Books I really should have read by the age of 29....
Children's / young adult
8 authors I haven't read before
- Melvyn Bragg - The Adventure of English
And that's as far as I've got. As you can see, I need to get myself into gear! Any ideas for books would be greatly appreciated!