Still no photos because I can't find the lead for the camera!
Tonight I have spent a lovely night sewing in my little room upstairs. I have been attempting to make a top using a pattern from this fab book. I'm using some jersey fabric I found in a local charity shop for £3 (for LOADS), but I've never ever sewn using jersey before so it has been a bit of a learning curve. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be though :)
I've never made clothes before either so I'm hoping it all turns out ok. It's looking good so far so I'm pretty chuffed. So far, I have cut out all the pieces and sewn the back pieces and front pieces together. I had a bit of a disaster when I cut the front piece out because I put the pattern piece on the fold (like I was supposed to) but for some stupid reason, I cut down the fold meaning my front piece ended up in two halves! Luckily the two back pieces were meant to be that size but with a little tab at the top, so I used the pieces which were originally destined for the front and added the two tabs separately. It turned out quite well because I had to top stitch round the back tabs to create a "v" shape for the fastener and the seam where I joined the tabs ended up being the seam for the "v" as well. I know that probably doesn't make a lot of sense reading it, but trust me, I'm pleased with it! lol
Tomorrow I'm hoping I'll get chance to finish this off but I have a parade with band (I had a concert in the park with them this afternoon too!) and I really need to get things sorted for work on Monday :(
I will leave you (my ficticious readers), with this youtube video of one of the songs I was listening to this evening...
1 hour ago