Monday 1 December 2008

Journal Your Christmas

Over the last few months I have really started getting into scrapbooking a lot more. I have made my own cards for years and really enjoy doing it and I think scrapbooking was a natural progression for me (and I get to keep some of my creations - selfish I know but I rarely keep a lot of the things I make!) One of my friends won a scrapbooking kit and she gave it to me so I have been having great fun playing around with layouts. My lovely boyfriend bought me a cricut for my birthday recently so I have been having a lot of fun with that too!

This year I have signed up for the Journal Your Christmas class at www.shimelle.com. The aim of this is document my Christmas by completing a scrapbook layout each day. It was a bit of a last minute thing deciding to do this so I don't have a lot of the supplies I'll need. Also, I know full well I am never going to be able to complete a layout every day so what I plan to do is to follow the journal prompts every day and try to write up on here my responses to the prompts so that I capture my immediate feelings and emotions as the month progresses. I have some time off work booked over the next couple of weeks and I'll be off all over Christmas and New Year (lucky me :) I love my job!) so I'll catch up with my layouts then. See, I've thought this through!

So today's prompt....to write a manifesto about why I have decided to do this project, so here goes...

I love Christmas. It is definitely my favourite time of the year and I love all the traditions and fun associated with December 25th. My aim this December is to capture my thoughts and feelings about Christmas in a creative way. The run up to Christmas can be pretty hectic so I'm looking forward to having some "time out" each day to focus on this project.

At the moment me and Mr P live in a little house in a beautiful little town and it's just the two of us and our crazy kitties. We're hoping to start a family next year so hopefully this will be our last Christmas without children. In years to come our Christmas's will be very different to how they are now so I want to be able to look back at this time and remember how things were.

I have been learning a lot about my family tree this year and one of the things I have found frustrating is that there's no-one round to tell me the little details about what their lives were like. In years to come hopefully my great-grandchildren will be able to look at this album and see what it was that Great-Granny loved about this time of year (as well as the things she wasn't so fond of...)

So there we go, one down, loads more to go! I'm really looking forward to my next prompt :)
x

4 comments:

Natty said...

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog! Looking forward to seeing your JYC pages! :o)

driftwood said...

what a really lovely idea, especially that it will become a kind of family record. xx thanks for visiting.

Alison said...

Thanks for the comment you left on my blog. So glad you decided to join JYC, I am hoping to get my lo done each day but in reality I may end up making notes and catching up as and when I can.

rubberdubber said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Your cats are gorgeous although at that age I fear for your tree!!