Thursday 8 January 2009

The whole tooth...

Excuse my corny title - the painkillers must be getting to me!

Thank you for all your lovely messages. I'm sorry I haven't been to visit your blogs this week but I have a lot of blog reading to catch up on!

I was back at the dentist today whilst he attempted to do my root canal again. After 20 minutes of drilling and poking around he told me that he couldn't get to the root because it was calcified (whatever that means!) so he said he would have to take it out, which I was ok about because it's right at the back of my mouth and at least if it's out I'll have no more problems (or so I thought). Anyway to cut a long (and painful story) short, the tooth couldn't be extracted normally so he had to do a surgical extraction. I now have 4 stitches in my gum, another lot of antibiotics and enough painkillers to tranquilise an elephant. My face is all puffed out and swollen and it's starting to bruise too :( Good job I don't have any big plans for this weekend because I look a right sight!

To top it all off, I've had to be referred to the dental hospital because the two roots of my tooth are still embedded in my gum - they are stuck in my jawbone and I'll need an operation to get them out :( :( :( The one good thing is that because I've had the tooth out it's costing me a lot less than I thought it would!

Lovely Mr P is looking after me and because I'm poorly I've got control of the telly all night :) We've watched all my soaps and now we're going to watch more Cranford :)

Hope you're all having a better day than me :)
xxx

7 comments:

Josie-Mary said...

That sounds horrible....poor you :(

Simone said...

Oh dear! Lets hope the year gets better for you as it goes along. I really do hope that you feel better soon. It's rotten when you are in so much pain.

Shabby Chick said...

Oh bless you, I feel so sorry for you, you're really suffering.

Hugs, Mel xxx

sharie said...

Oh poor you. It sounds like you have large well distributed roots and he wasn't able to get to them cleanly. If it is a back one and all the rest are sound you are probably better off with it out as root canals sometimes just don't work out.

Shsjndkdns said...

Hello Gem! I love that quilt from Primark I thought it was really similar to Cath Kidston and a much better price, plus its really pretty too!
Sorry to hear about all your problems with the tooth, I hope you are feeling better x Gem

Lisa said...

Goodness me, how awful that all sounds!
Hope it all gets sorted soon.
Lisa x

Shabby Chick said...

Good luck making your heart, I found it quite fun to do, I love trying out new things. Weird coincidence that we have the same dresser! Mine was a bargain from ebay :) Have fun playing with yours!

Mel xxx